Youth Amplifier position at the Advocate’s Office
Youth Amplifier – Advocacy Unit
1 year Contract Position (up to 1 year)
Part time (up to 24 hours per week)
$15.67 per hour (AMAPCEO)
The Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth is seeking to hire one motivated and dynamic youth with knowledge and/or experience in the child welfare system to assist with the Our Voice Our Turn initiative (OVOT) and other initiatives within the Advocacy Unit. The primary duties of the Youth Amplifier will be to assist Advocates with a variety of projects including Residential Review recommendations, Residential Youth Services Panel and advisory to the new Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017.
Additional activities may include support with Children and Youth in Care Day, My REAL Life Book recommendations; connecting with fellow youth across the province; and provincial outreach to youth in and from care, presentations and conferences for youth, professionals and colleges and universities. Please note evening, weekend and travel may be required.
- Work with the advocacy unit and the Our Voice Our Turn Team to assist in the delivery of a community development projects;
- Duties as needed to support all community development project activities related to the Our Voice Our Turn Project;
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support and monitor OVOT social media strategy;
- Perform any other duties assigned in relation to various other projects.
- Reliable and punctual;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Able to work as part of a team; proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photo Shop, photography, videography or other image editing software is an asset;
- Proven working experience in social media is an asset;
- Knowledge of and/or lived experience with issues related to children and youth in the child welfare care system is an asset.
Police background check including a vulnerable person sector screening is required.
This position is covered by the AMAPCEO Collective Agreement and benefit provisions are consistent with those for Youth Amplifier staff under that agreement.
Please submit your resume with covering letter, quoting file PA-2017-05, to be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 14, 2017, to the Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth, 401 Bay Street, Suite 2200 Toronto, Ontario, M7A 0A6, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 416-325-5681.
We appreciate all applications received. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.