TCDSB PSI/ FREE USE OF SPACE – MARCH BREAK 2018
Priority Schools Initiative (PSI) – March Break from March 12th -16th, 2018.
Similar to this summer’s Focus on Youth program, the objective of the Priority School Initiative is to extend program opportunities for youth in various Toronto communities by offering free use of school space to community groups, not-for-profit organizations and other youth organizations. To qualify for the program, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be recognized as not for profit or registered charity organization.
- Organizations in operation less than 5 years must apply with other recognized community partners
- Priority will be given to organizational partnerships. (Ex. Organizations partnering with 2 or more groups)
- Priority will be given to groups that offer free or minimal charged programs to the participants.
- To qualify, enrolment must be at least 80% from the immediate community served.
- Incorporate aspects of literacy and numeracy in your program
*Please note funding does not include special events or Tournaments.
The twenty-three schools have been selected based on socio-economic data collected from Stats-Canada. Therefore, it is our goal to assist these communities by providing high quality yet affordable programs. We are confident that the organizations invited will work together to provide stimulating programs that foster personal and professional growth through education and life skill training.
The following documents are required:
- Completed Project Overview application and signed copies of the Permit application.
- A signed partnership agreement, if applicable.
- Two (2) letters of support from members of your community. They must be prepared to discuss and support the program.
- Copy of third party liability insurance certificate, having the Toronto Catholic District School Board named an additional insured.
Please complete the attached application form and submit by January 26th, 2018.
Here is the link to access the Project Overview application form: