As a member of the NEW employment team, the Employment Counsellor works in collaboration with other team members and participates in case management for Employment Ontario programs and services. She works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and is accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
- Conduct intakes for clients
- Support clients with job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Facilitate case management through intake of clients, conduct needs assessment and establish employment action plans
- Administer and interpret assessment tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further vocational training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Conduct workshops
- Collaborate with job developer for appropriate job placement and matching for clients
- A Bachelor’s degree or Community College diploma in Work and Career Counseling, Social Work or related field
- One to 3 years experience in using common assessment tools/ACEC to assess client needs and demonstrated ability to link clients to employment
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to an inclusive workplace and an anti-oppression framework
- Experience working with databases and data entry
- Fluency in a second language such as Spanish, Cantonese or Urdu is an asset
- Knowledge of labour market information
- Strong facilitation skills
Benefits commence after the successful completion of a 3 month probation period. This position is open to both internal and external candidates.
How to apply:
Please send résumé and cover letter by October 20th, 2017 to:
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please.