–> For full details, visit link below <– Deadline unknown
Job Classification Title
311 CONTACT CENTRE SVCS REPRESENTATIVE
$32.01 – $35.06 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly)
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after six (6) months.
311 Toronto provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
This is a part time position. Please note that part time hours can range from 3-30 hours per week, Monday through to Sunday.
Available shifts could fall within the following times, Monday to Sunday:
Day – 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Afternoon – 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Overnight – 11:00 p.m. – 7: 00 a.m.
- Answers inquiries and complaints received on all 311 access channels (including but not limited to; telephone, email, in person)
- Explains policies and procedures to the public, refers calls to proper authorities when necessary, initiates service requests and records related information
- Uses specialized knowledge in multiple functional areas to carry out duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Conducts research and analysis to develop service options for interested parties
- Provides effective verbal and written communications to all inquiries and requests for City services
- Utilizes customer service skills to effectively respond to inquiries and service requests
- Uses knowledge of City operations to guide customers and advocate on their behalf
- Liaises with internal divisions, Emergency Services, and contracted service providers.
- Enters, retrieves and interprets data in customer relationship management and/or work management system databases
- Refers escalated issues to the supervisor and/or manager when applicable
- Interprets and provides information on compliance requirements for applicable legislation, by-laws, policies and procedures
- Utilizes delegated authority to make decisions and critical recommendations (e g. approve eligibility for licensing)
- Performs general clerical duties as required
- Redirects calls as necessary and may perform message taking function
- Keeps informed on activities of the City
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience working in a high volume call/contact centre environment, preferably receiving inbound calls.
- Considerable experience providing customer service utilizing various mediums including but not limited to, phone, email and social media channels such as Twitter.
- Considerable experience analyzing, recording and reporting data.
- Considerable experience with data entry and maintaining large multi-screen databases and managing large volumes of information.
- Experience conducting research, extracting and interpreting information from various databases and software applications, including Internet search engines, MS Word and Excel.
You Must Also Have:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem-solve with minimal direction.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients, de-escalate and diffuse challenging situations and successfully resolve customer issues in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, tact and diplomacy when dealing with members of the public, media, and elected officials.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent keyboarding and proof reading skills with emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to interpret and provide compliance information on legislation as it relates to specific program areas.
- Knowledge of contact centre principles and practices.
- Must be available to work varied shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and statutory/religious holidays.
- Must be available to work overtime when required.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.